Here is the itenary
Day 1: Travel to Windermere where your first nights accommodation has been booked.
Day 2: Windermere to Grasmere. 10 ½ miles (17 km).
(This is a picture of Dove Cottage in Grasmere, Wordsworth's home)
Day 3: Grasmere to Coniston. 12 miles (19 km)
Day 4: Coniston to Windermere. 9 ½ miles (15 km)
Day 5: Depart from Windermere after breakfast
Mileage is a piece of cake! And I like the self-guided aspect of the tour as I'd go crazy in a bigger group with amblers! Independence and Adventure - what a great combination!
And here is what is included:
4 nights accommodation in en-suite rooms with private bathrooms (where available) in selected hotels, inns and guesthouse
- Breakfast each day.
- Door to door luggage transfer along the trail
- A set of maps with the route marked on and route notes describing the trail.
- An information pack containing an itinerary, detailed instructions on how to find your accommodation each night, town plans, information about facilities and places of interest along the trail and a kit list.
- Detailed travel instructions on how to get to the start of the holiday and back from the end of it.
- Emergency Assistance ( I guess that is a good thing considering I've got a horrible sense of direction!)
All this beauty and adventure can be YOURS for a cost of 250 Pounds - that's only $372 American Dollars - not bad at all! Okay, so I'm sure the accomodations aren't exactly 5 star hotels, but with these types of views....sounds like a trip of a lifetime!