Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hey, Hey, Hey, It's a FAT....

...ANKLE!

(And now I'm REALLY dating myself with this reference to a 70's Saturday morning cartoon. Many of my DFMC team mates weren't even born at this point in time!!).

While the pain has been minimal, the swelling and bruising from the fall into the pot hole crater last Thursday has been bad. It doesn't hurt to walk on it, and I'm able to roll my foot around, so it can't possibly be broken or seriously sprained. The other good sign is each day it looks a little bit better. I'm going to try and jog a few miles this morning and I've purchased a ankle wrap at CVS to provide extra support. My biggest concern is that I will twist it again so I'm going to be extra careful about where and how fast I'm running for the next couple weeks.

I'm also looking forward to the Yoga Fundraiser (to benefit the Boston Fit Girls Project) that good ol' Barry The Liver/Yoga Guy (aka - "my manager" as Brian calls him) coordinated. The event is scheduled for this Saturday at the Exhale Mind/Body Spa in Boston followed by adult beverages at Rattlesnakes.

You're the best, Barry!

1 comment:

N.D. said...

glad the ankle is getting better! how did your daughter's race go?