Friday, November 7, 2008

A River of Words: A Story of William Carlos Williams


so much depends
upon
a unique picture
book
glazed with exquisite
illustrations
beside my night
table.
This fabulous new picture book biograpahy of William Carlos Williams is a treat for poetry fans of all ages! Oh, I do miss my days as a chidlren's bookseller when I was actually paid to read, shelve and sell so many wonderful literary gems that celebrate both language and art. Thank goodnes I am a faithful reader of children's literature blogs to stay on top of what's new and remarkable in the wonderful world of picture books. A River of Words will be featured in this Sunday's NYTimes as one of the best illustrated books of the year. Thank you, author Jen Bryant and illustrator Melissa Sweet for sharing your gifts and talents with the rest of us!

No comments: