Monday, May 12, 2008

TREK USA: DESTINATION NEW ENGLAND

Tomorrow after work and Fit Girls I will be commuting up to New London with two other Trek runners as we prepare to run the last 5 days of the Trek Relay to benefit the DMSE Children's Fitness Foundation. I've been scrambling around all day to get myself packed and ready as well as do my best to organize the homefront. I'll be more relaxed running the daily 15-20 miles!!

Here is the 5 day schedule:

Day 1: New London NH to Northampton MA (135 miles)

Day 2: Northampton to Charlestown RI (151 miles)

Day 3: Charalestown to Hyannis (137 miles)

Day 4: Hyannis to Ptown and back to Sagamore Beach (136 miles) followed by a night in the Nixon/Fagerburg family summer home (aka "Saggy Hotel")

Day 5: Sagamore Beach to Boston (84 miles) with the final 26 miles on the Boston Marathon course.

Fun, fun, fun!!! This should be excellent for my post marathon recovery.



Evening Reading Material: Mr. Emerson's Wife by Amy Belding Brown

It is the story of Lidian, the fascinating woman who was loved insufficiently by Emerson and perhaps too much by Thoreau. The line between historical and fictional is said to be murky in this nineteenth-century tale of love among the Transcendentalists, but I've heard it's a page turner!

No comments: